Outlook Email Setup
Below are the email account settings for setting up an email account in Outlook.
You will need to go to Add a New account.
- For older versions of Outlook this can be found under "Tools", then "Email Accounts"
- For later versions of Outlook this can be found under "File", "Info", "Account Settings" and "Account Settings" again.
Click on "New", then select "E-mail Account", then "Manually configure server settings or additional server types" then Next
Select "Internet Email", Next.
Your Name: The name that helps identify this email accountb
Email: Full email address.
(For a POP3 account, IMAP settings are below)
Account Type: POP3
Incoming mail server: mail.yourdomainname
Outgoing mail server: mail.yourdomainname
User Name: FULL EMAIL ADDRESS
Password: As setup in cpanel / provided
Check: "Remember password"
Leave "Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)" unchecked
Click on "More Settings" and go to:
- Outgoing server
- check: "My outgoing (SMTP) server requires authentication"
- check: "use same settings as my incoming mail server"
- Incoming server port number: 110
- Uncheck: "This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)"
- Outgoing server (SMTP) port number: 587 (should 587 not work, try 26)
Once done, click on "OK".
It will take you back to the "Add new account" page where you can click on "Test account settings". If all is correct, click on "Next", then "Finish".
Congrats, setting up an POP3 email account in Outlook is complete.